Focus on high-value work and automate the rest with a digital workforce
Robotic Process Automation delivers quantifiable benefits to your business by eliminating the tedious tasks that slow you down and frustrate your employees. Using always-on automations that are simple to use, RPA helps you become more efficient and productive, while work gets more interesting and meaningful for employees. Your employees will be more satisfied and engaged in higher-value work, your customers will receive quicker service, and tasks will be completed faster than ever before.
You’ll save on operating costs, have greater accuracy and compliance, and be in a better position to deliver higher-quality work faster. At Forum Group, we’ve developed a high-successful and scalable framework that successful companies are leveraging to determine what processes to automate.
What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) uses specialised software robots to emulate humans and automate high-volume, rule-based tasks. RPA utilises the user interface to capture data and interact with applications and digital systems to execute business processes, just like humans do. These robots can input and interpret data, respond to user and system actions, make calculations, integrate with multiple systems, and communicate information in order to perform a range of repetitive tasks.
When combined with artificial intelligence, machine learning and other analytical tools, RPA robots help all types of businesses streamline their workloads, reduce manual data handling and eliminate errors.
From customer-facing support teams to finance, HR and IT departments, all business functions can use RPA to automate time-consuming tasks like invoice processing, data capture and employee onboarding.
At Forum Group, first, we help you identify the processes that should be automated and design RPA solutions that can be scheduled, cloned and customised. We’ll then consult with you to uncover your unique challenges and business goals, and develop a unique RPA solution that meets your unique needs.
Types of RPA robots and what they can do
Attended robots run under human supervision. While they’ll still give you the rapid efficiency of task automation, they need input from a user to engage and interact with the automated processes. The most common use cases for attended robots are:
- Financial services – Financial teams process data that requires reformatting, compiling, and reviewing. Verifying and then submit the data automatically into multiple applications.
- Customer service – While the agent is talking to the customer, bots can quickly search different systems to collect information, verify regulations and make notes in customer files.
- Retail – Due to the nature of the retail workforce, bots can assist with staff on-boarding and off-boarding. Bots can assist humans with inventory stock take and returns, saving countless hours of manual labour.
- Accounting services – Processing invoice data, capturing line item data, data verification, Auto GL and data entry into multiple systems. Accounts receivable, data verification, auto email generation and data entry into multiple systems.
- Insurance agents – Processing electronic forms data, data verification, automated emails and data entry into multiple systems.
Unlike attended robots, unattended robots can run without human supervision in virtual environments. They can automate any number of rule-based, repetitive processes — generally, back-office tasks such as:
- Application processing – Robots will capture the data from the application, perform identification checks, verify data, automatically produce the approval documents and make them available to human workers.
- Claims processing – Robots can be scheduled to monitor an email inbox, identify the document type, capture the data from the form, verify the data and enter the data in multiple systems.
- Recruitment – Automate the candidate screening process, offer letters & rejection letters automatically emailed to candidates, automatically start the on-boarding workflow to other departments.
- Data reconciliation – Scheduled robots automate data collection, data verification, data preparation and reconciliation. The robot sends any exceptions to the human worker to process and enters all reconciled data into multiple systems.
- Procurement – Robots monitor the ticketing system, automatically begin the procurement process, verifies the data in the company ERP, creates the PO from the ERP and emails to the supplier.
Business process and task discovery
A robotic process automation implementation starts with the identification of business processes that can be complemented by or handled by digital workers. We do this by understanding how work really gets done using a combination of human observations and digital discovery.
We rely on both human and machine-based process mining which reconstructs the entire workflow and captures actual user interactions with applications and systems. The result is a comprehensive view of your processes, how they impact your operations and a clear picture of how to improve them.
Once this discovery is complete and we’ve found your best automation opportunities, we can rapidly design automations that optimise your end-to-end processes to provide maximum productivity.
Analytical insights and reporting
RPA captures and stores every robot-led process and task which means you can continually optimise the performance of your automations and have a view of your RPA Return On Investment (ROI).
In addition to justifying your new automations, our analytics and insights also deliver operational reports that will augment or replace existing business reporting. This includes:
- Forecasting and anomaly detection - Use historical trends to forecast performance and future operational states.
- Shareable reports – Easily create and share updates with key stakeholders and process owners to drive strategic discussions and actions across the entire enterprise.
- Performance dashboards – Collaborative reports that are focused on operational metrics for robot utilization and capacity versus manual processes.
- Average handling or response times – Live reporting dashboards that measure call centre staff and robot performance against KPI’s.
- Exceptions handling reporting – Capture the rate of exceptions within a process that the robot had to assign to a human for review or action.
All of the analytical reports and dashboards are customisable, shareable and come equipped with in-built alerts and notifications — allowing you to calculate and forecast effortlessly.
RPA integrates seamlessly with most leading software applications, allowing you to make the most out of all your existing tools without having to install anything new. Two-way connections mean all of your existing processes can be recreated with software, creating an enhanced user experience of workflow automation across multiple platforms. We can integrate with almost any application, including:
- CRM systems
- ERP systems
- Google cloud apps
- Microsoft cloud apps
- Digital signature apps
Your team don’t have to be developers to leverage RPA to make an impact on your business’ automation journey. Our RPA solution supports employee-led automations where non-technical business users create automations for themselves and their departments with minimum effort or fuss - no coding necessary!
Through employee-led automation, individual teams can experience the efficiency of RPA, without the involvement of the IT department or external agencies. At Forum Group, we’ll train your teams and enable you to clone, edit or create your own automations and empower your employees to work more efficiently.
By empowering your employees to build their own automations with ease, you can foster a culture of innovation throughout your organisation. The creativity and ideas of your entire workforce can help drive your transformation journey and the constant evolution of the way you work.
The benefits of Robotic Process Automation
Without employee intervention, there are fewer errors in all your work.
Achieve more, faster
Get through hours of manual tasks in seconds and focus on your most important work.
Use technology to grow, without growing your team, and save costs caused by absenteeism and burnout.
Staff get liberated from the repetitive and mundane tasks that risk their job satisfaction.
Customers and staff are happier when expectations are clear and delivery is fast.
Meet all your compliance requirements and get an audit trail for every workflow.
Discover the employee and technology trends of the modern workplace
We can no longer expect our traditional office structures, equipment and processes to bring out the best in our employees. Discover the trends that are shaping 2021 and beyond!